Thursday, May 23, 2019

About Seyawash Qhasimy and Family

Seyawash Qhasimy is from Baghestan Tehran, moved to Burlington Ontario with his family of three sisters and his mom back in 2012. Qhasimy, sees Canada as land of many opportunities and one of the greatest thing  that has ever happened to him and his small family.

Seyawash Qhasimy enjoys outdoor activities, playing soccer with his friends or taking the dog to the park. He describes his family to be a " close bond".

His three younger sisters, Parisa, Afrand and Alya are high school students. They share a 3 bedroom apartment in the heart of downtown. His Mom Fatima employed as a software engineer in one the leading engineering firms. " thank god my mom has a nice job, she provides for all of our needs, I want to become like my mom one day" Seyawash Qhasimy is one the ten thousand lucky family manage to escape the Iranian regime.

As the tension rose between Iran and US, jobs were slowly disappearing, the currency was depreciating and the thought of leaving the country was almost becoming impossible. Fatima was worried about her kids, with not having their father around at times I felt lost and frustrated. Seyawash`s father passed away from kidney disease when he was in high school.

" I miss my father, he was a great person, I remember when he was passing away, he looked at me and said, take care of your sisters. I have his blessings, I am going to be there for my sisters.

No comments:

Post a Comment